Saturday, May 1, 2010

Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday

     Today. That word sounds so statementory (is that a word?). Like your putting something out there for the first time or making an important stand. For example, "TODAY I am going to learn how to make cupcakes." Doesn't that just sound really important? Whereas "I am going to learn how to make cupcakes." Just sounds kinda borring and like though you want to learn it, you probably won't. I feel that this could be because you're putting a date on when you are going to do, whatever you are going to do. I can not get over how the word today makes you feel like you can accomplish something.
     Tomorrow. That sounds like something days away, but in reality it isn't. It is only the day after today. When you say that you are going to do something tomorrow, it means something will be put off until you remember to do it at a later date. Usually, what you say you're going to do tomorrow doesn't end up being done until, probably, the next week. Or, it just doesn't get done. You say "Oh well! I'll do it tomorrow."
     Yesterday. This word draws up the most finds when you type it into google. Yesterday, not only means what happened yesterday but also what has happened in the past. You often hear about yesterday being better than today. This shown in the song "Yesterday" by the Beatles. One of my personal favorties. The song talks about how troubles are here to stay and all this other sad stuff.
            I hope you feel more enlightened about time. I think I will go make cupcakes.

No comments: